Home > Archived Newsletter Messages > Recipe Correction!
Archived Newsletter Messages
Sent: July 19, 2007
Oops - I missed an ingredient! Here's the correct recipe...enjoy!
Blond Texas Sheet Cake
1 package white cake mix
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 egg whites
1. Beat together first 5 ingredients at low speed or until blended. Pour batter into a greased 15x10 jelly-roll pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 2 hours.
3. Prepare Caramel-Pecan Frosting. Pour immediately over cooked cake in pan, and spread quickly to cover cake.
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 3 1/2 qt saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat, and slowly whisk in buttermilk.
4. Return mixture to heat, and bring to a boil. Pour into a bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla and almond extracts, beating at medium-high speed until smooth (about 1 minute). Stir in pecans. Use immediately.
This cake can be made the day before and is very moist!