Happy Tuesday, Stitchers!! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day Weekend! My hubby did good and got me flowers and chocolates. They make a girl happy!
I thought I’d use this Tuesday’s Tidbits to tell you what my favorite things from Nashville are. (Now that Kathy’s posted everything to the website, she said I could talk about the show.) Here are my top 5, in no particular order:
1) Ok, the number one thing I loved and had an “AAAAAAHHHHHAAA!!!!” moment was over the Milady’s Needles Floss Tag-Alongs. (It took me a minute to figure it out, but when I did, “AAAAAHHHAA”) The floss tag alongs use the designs from Milady’s Needles accessories packs. I have the little squirrel set. Now I can stitch the tag along and use it as a “pretty” for my project treads. The set comes with all the designs pictured, an acrylic tag and then a sheet at the very end of the pattern that I’ll use to write the numbers/names of my threads. I love this idea, because I can have multiple tags made up and attached to my projects and then know exactly what threads I have on that ring. Not having to look at each bag one at a time. Just one little tag with the numbers all listed there! J AAAAHHHH!!!
2) The next thing I absolutely loved was the sampler from Praiseworthy Stitches called Hope. For those of you who don’t know, my daughters name is Hope and I’m drawn to anything with her name on it. This sampler is a little different though because of the story behind the design. I was speaking to the designer about the sampler and my daughter. As we were talking, she told me that the sampler was made in memoriam for one of their designer’s daughter, Hope, who had died 19 years ago at birth. The mother said that now was the time to do something for her lost daughter. Well of course I had to get it. I just know those of us who do stitch it or just get it to look at (yes, I know you buy patterns just to look at, we all do) will have a special part of our heart touched whenever we see the name/word HOPE.
3) The next thing on my favorite list was the Prairie Moon Designs. They have Paper Mache Pin Cushion Boxes that are soooooo cute…The Patriotic ones are just adorable. I want them all! The Halloween Boxes are perfect for the season and a different look from the normal décor you might have around that time.
4) Weeks Dye Works was mind blowing. I couldn’t believe all the beautiful linens, threads and wools. We brought home all the new thread colors and a stack of the linens.
5) I did see something that I’m very interested in learning. Rug punching. There was a designer at the show who uses the technique to make bags and totes. Well, ladies, I’m a bag freak. So I’ve made it a goal of mine to learn rug punching. When I get good at it, I will offer classes. I’ll keep you posted on my progress :)
Well, I could go on and on, but I must go. I’m looking forward to next year.
Until next Tuesday, this is Tonia signing off.
PS From Kathy - check out the new Winter Santa from Mirabilia - the patterns will arrive in the shop on Thursday - let us know if you want to reserve one! http://www.wichelt.com/detail.html?pid=163688
(the page takes a little time to load...)